Please note: Safety signs are being used at our buildings to reduce the risk for exposure to COVID-19. Our signs are being used to reinforce safety messages and instructions to ensure our employees and community members are following COVID-19 prevention guidelines.
COVID-19 CRISIS: An Important Announcement Regarding Food Security and Housing Stability for Our Community
The Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities remains committed to meeting the
growing needs of our local at-risk neighbors, as well as families who are experiencing lost wages and layoffs.
Working together is our community strength!
Our community has stepped up big time to offer food resources to those in need. To harness the power of this collective action and to stretch the food resources beyond the initial crisis, we have agreed to coordinate the food insecurity resources in our area. Having a single point of contact will lessen duplication of service and will allow resources to stretch further. A single contact will also spread the services to be available over many days rather than all at once. If you are a business, organization or individual community member that is considering offering a community meal, food collection or other food related efforts, please consider contacting us at email@example.com
The Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities is working with Your Way Home, in a new program, the Your Way Home Emergency Rent and Utility Coalition-CV Program (ERUC-CV), which may provide some assistance to individuals and families who are at risk of eviction and/or homelessness as a direct result of COVID-19.
OUR COVID-19 CRISIS RESPONSE
We are committed to providing food security and housing stability to our at-risk neighbors and families experiencing lost wages and layoffs. As unemployment increases at a record-setting pace, we are seeing an uptick in the number of people and families who need our services. The help and support from our dedicated employees, volunteers, board, donors, delegates, and community have allowed us to:
- Continue to keep our public community food pantry open and operating as safely as possible during this challenging time.
- Offer three safe ways to receive food through our food pantry: remote online ordering, on-site kiosk ordering, or prepacked food box pickup.
- Support and protect our most vulnerable by delivering food to older adults and high-risk individuals so they can remain safe in their homes.
- Respond to increased community need by working with partners to coordinate food security efforts throughout the Pottstown area and provide families with additional food resources.
- Stabilize vulnerable families and prevent homelessness by offering, Emergency Rent and Utility Assistance, eviction prevention and social service supports through our Pottstown Housing Resource Center (HRC).
- Renovating and making building modifications to ensure our buildings are safe and we are reducing the risk for exposure to COVID-19.
OUR #COVIDCaringPottstown Community Makes Our Work Possible
Many have been reaching out to support our mission as we work to provide food security and housing stability to our at-risk neighbors and families in need during this critical time. The desire to help is an important reminder of the power of community and the fact that working together is our community strength in Pottstown.
As we recognize those who are helping others and working to keep us all healthy and safe, we ask that you also join us in recognizing your neighbors, coworkers, friends, and family members who are doing great things for others by using #COVIDCaringPottstown on your social media posts. We will be doing the same to keep you updated on the many acts of kindness we are receiving! Read more about are some of the acts of kindness we have received here: OUR #COVIDCaringPottstown Community.
Anyone who is interested in volunteering to support the Pottstown Cluster Outreach Center operations or Community Meals efforts can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A secure online contribution HERE will help us respond to the increasing demand for our services due to the COVID-19 crisis. Your support today and will ensure we can meet the growing needs of our community both today and tomorrow.